TRB COMMITTEE ON TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER – ABG30
Locate, develop and promote innovative means of deploying technologies and processes, quickly moving them from state-of-the-art to state-of-the-practice.
Accelerate innovation implementation using technology transfer strategies
Goals & Strategies
The following goals and strategies establish a basic framework that will support the mission and vision of the Technology Transfer committee. We will continually build upon this structure by updating these goals in response to the changing needs of those we serve. Each team responsible for leading the development and implementation of the goals is charged with detailing the specific strategies and corresponding performance measures appropriate for accomplishing those goals.
GOAL: STRENGTHEN THE INNOVATION PROCESS BY ASSISTING OTHERS WITH LINKING KNOWLEDGE CREATION AND KNOWLEDGE IMPLEMENTATION
Objective - Make other committees/groups aware of technology transfer processes and assist them in applying them
- Strategy - Educate the TRB community by sponsoring annual meeting sessions, Webinars and other opportunities
- Strategy - Support and promote the NHI training course, “Leap not Creep: Accelerating Innovation Implementation”
- Strategy - Investigate the effects, application, and future potentials for intellectual property rights in the U.S. and abroad
- Strategy - Develop list of potential committees/groups involved in technology transfer
- Strategy - Network with other committees/groups by inviting them to speak at our meetings/sessions
- Strategy - Network with other committees/groups by speaking at their meetings/sessions
- Strategy - Support international scan implementation
Objective - Serve as a resource for TRB on technology transfer
- Strategy - Provide expertise on technology transfer to TRB
- Strategy - Provide input on technology transfer to TRB research
Objective - Develop a definition of technology transfer
Objective - Utilize communication strategies that deliver appropriate information to TRB and other members of the research community on the value of technology transfer
- Strategy - Develop a list of target audiences and communication strategies
Objective - Advance research into best practices for technology transfer methods appropriate for target audience(s)
- Strategy-Document innovation case studies that have overcome barriers and utilized boosters to accelerate innovation implementation
- Strategy - Establish and maintain a committee Wiki, blog and social networking.
- Strategy - Sponsor annual meeting sessions/Webinars on new T2 technologies
- Strategy - Explore new methods such as podcasts, RSS feeds, and Web 2.0 technologies
Objective - Maintain the health of the committee by identifying a diverse membership stream and by providing training and mentoring opportunities designed to enhance the committee’s efficiency and effectiveness.
- Strategy - Fill vacant member slots based on objective of balance
- Strategy - Develop briefing guide for new members
- Strategy - Develop mentor program for new members