What Is It?Transportation Research Collaboration (TRC) is a Microsoft Sharepoint site which allows the transportation research community (researchers and research managers) to share information and to connect and collaborate on shared issues. Over time, we envision this as a repository of documents and work products that will become a collective set of best practices for planning, conducting, managing, and implementing transportation research projects.
Site OverviewThis site is organized around the following concepts:
- Setting the Research Agenda – Share information about your research needs, priorities, selection processes and timelines, and learn about those of other organizations.
- Collaborating in Research Activities – Share and learn about tools for collaborative partnership, and ways to connect with others who share your research goals.
- Carrying Out Research – How you can manage your projects and programs to maximize your research investment.
- Delivering Results/Communicating Value – Ways you can ensure research lives beyond the project, and makes a difference in transportation practice.
- Team Collaboration -- The vision for this section is to create a space for research committees and teams to have a place to collaborate and share products for the broader research community to use.
The target audience of this site includes transportation researchers, research mangers, and transportation committee members.
Site FunctionsThis site’s functionality is similar to a regular website but with the added capability to collaborate and share information with professionals within the transportation research community.
- Add a link or announcement, participate in a group discussion, download a document- Any site visitors are given this permission.
- Post a document – A user account is required in order to add documents in existing lists and libraries in the areas of interest.
- Create a collaboration area - A unique sub-site for collaboration can be created by us for team collaboration.
If you would like to get a user account so that you can contribute content, please contact Frank Law (Frank.email@example.com) at Caltrans.
- Professional Networking for Transportation Research Collaboration: www.transportationresearch.ning.com
- Transportation Collaboration, USDOT NTL and RITA: www.transportationresearch.gov
- Transportation Research Collaboration” Group on LinkedIn